[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fwd: Re: what does a collector make????

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx, fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx, DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 18:37:25 -0800 (PST)

Amen to that.  My dogs are family, they are protection, and they are a reason
to sweep.  The shows are more a social event for me.  Of course I want my bitch
to finish, she is so lovely to me.  But I have gone to so many shows just to
support the entry and to be with friends.
  Sheila
Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx wrote:

Same here - I love dog shows because it's a fun way to spend time
with my dogs. If it ever becomes more about winning than about
enjoying the dogs, I'll find something else to do with them. I don't
have a long list of champions, but I have some great memories
and dogs I truly love and enjoy!

In a message dated 2/2/2006 7:00:38 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
On 2/2/06 6:51 PM, "DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx" wrote:

> So are you saying you never place an older dog? Or sell a puppy to a
show
> home expecting that if it does not turn out they keep it forever?
> Just Curious?
>
> Thanks
>
> Deb

I can only answer for myself.

I don't buy "show" puppies. I buy a love-it-forever puppy to be my companion
and my protector. IF it turns out to be a show puppy, that's icing on the
cake. I love showing, but that's not the reason I will take an 8-week-old
puppy into my home to keep for, God willing, the next 13 years.

Fran
--
No one with good dogs is ever truly alone.
Jon Katz

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training