[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fwd: Re: what does a collector make????

  • From: Susan Madlung <Stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cyndy@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 10:04:12 -0800

I guess I didn't explain it very well..
I don't mean the "well intentioned" get a puppy for show, it doesn't turn out
and place it scenario. That happens to all of us once in a while - or that
puppy we bred that we keep and doesn't turn out. Too often i see people get a
dog, get bored with it after a few months or years, and pass it along.. for
what ever reason, they don't make any kind of commitment to their dogs.
I hate seeing dogs getting passed from pillar to post for no other reason that
being at the mercy of the people that own it at the time. It's one thing to
re-home a dog because it didn't "tunr out" , but to me quite another when the
owner is simply tired of it..In my mind, these dogs are not simply a commodity
like a used car or something. These are also "collectors" to me..
Sue