[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fwd: Re: what does a collector make????

  • From: Cyndy Davis <cyndyinhouston@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 08:48:42 -0800 (PST)

Really no matter what you "collect" is only healthy if it is controlled.
  When it gets out of control, the person needs help.

Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx wrote:
          In a message dated 2/2/2006 12:26:27 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cyndyinhouston@xxxxxxxxx writes:
  I think a collector is one who has more dogs than he/she can afford to and/or
physically care for.
  I knew such a person, and she was diagnosed with OCD, or obsessive compulsive
disorder. As some people compulsively collect string or foil or shop, she
collected dogs and other animals.

  Good answer.  I think recognizing a "collector" is like recognizing porn.
You know it when you see it.  (What is manageable for one person's life style
and resources may not be for another, so #s don't always define "collector".)

  And "collector" could have a good connotation; some people collect art, old
books, fine wine.  When we think of it in a negative light, when it refers to
animals, we associate it with someone who has more than they can care for
responsibly and frequently, they have difficulty caring for themselves and
their own environment.  Sad really.  Sad for the animals, sad for the person.

  Kathy