[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fwd: Re: terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx has shared: Dog Auctions

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 17:33:16 -0800

Yep, Peggy.

But I will add that PETA is kind of like the Screaming Celebrity
Magazines, and attract those "celebrities" and followers of like ilk.
HSUS with all of its affiliates (DDAL,HSLF, HSVMA, etc., etc.) have
the VERY same goals, but put on suits with their plastic shoes, and
influence the public your legislators with emotional lies cloaked in
less blatant ways.  $$$$ counts.

Question,  How many on this list have visited the legislation pages on
your PC website and read some on there and/or gone to the links.
http://www.gsdca.org/german-shepherd-dogs/dog-legislation

  If you want a bigger dose of education, go to http://
www.carpoc.org.  I've been adding stuff  there for a couple of years
now.and thank GOODNESS for Zoe putting up with me and doing the
website!!!!  It's California-oriented, but there's LOTS on there about
national groups.  If the PC wants me to do more with the PC website, I
will, but so far I've been, well, circumspect.

Stormy

On Dec 11, 2010, at 5:01 PM, Peggy wrote:

As many of you know, I write a monthly column for one of the all-breed
magazines.  People from all breeds and all parts of the country call and
write me about things they would like me to address in that column
(probably
because nobody else speaks as plainly, unless they're doing it in such
high-falutin' language nobody understands it anyway)..and on occasion,
someone even sends me the exact language they'd like to see.
    Today, I received the following paragraph as part of a longer piece
someone would like addressed--it speaks to Stormy's comment, too, and I
think this might be a good place to share it.  This is the paragraph:

"One has to congratulate PETA and ARM folk for studying society and
seizing
the moment. Our side of the equation has behaved in accordance with
the much
quoted  "we are rearranging the chairs on the deck of the sinking
Titanic".
The kennel clubs, AKC, the KC in England, and powerful individuals
within
the fancy keep coming up with a "new gimmick" every few months but
they are
always quite far behind the articulated plans of PETA/ARM."

  Just something to think about.

Peggy