[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fw: Dogs For Sale

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, melanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 17:20:03 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with Melissa - it may just be the wording or formatting of the rules
though.  It specifically says per the post

  "There shall be no benching, nor offering for  sale or  breeding, nor any
displaying of unentered dogs."

  It doesn't say anything about entered dogs.  This would eliminate having
puppies for sale on the show grounds which I think is the big concern of the
AKC.

  Cindy
  cinosamgsd.com

Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Just a question......why would you think that, Melissa?
I'd forgotten the rule about unentered dogs...was thinking
more of stud dogs available, etc.........or youngsters being shown.
Yet, there have been unentered dogs walking around every single show
I've been to in the past 30 years and never once has the AKC stepped in,
nor have I ever seen anyone published in the Gazette for being
reprimanded or fined for such a thing....now, I guess, tho, we can
expect an AKC
rep to be looking for such dogs at the National.
Peggy
Melissa wrote:
>Sounds like no selling only applies to unentered dogs to me?
>
>Melissa

Cindy
www.cinosamgsd.com