[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurity Maturity Results

  • From: "Chris S. Kimerer" <tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:20:34 -0700 (PDT)

I understand your point, and don't disagree with it.  BUT, we are already
loosing entries like crazy.  At least right now, one has a "second"
chance, going back to the old system eliminates that and more people might just
stay home.  I think the thing to do is really take a hard look at the numbers
over the last 5 years for each region.  If there is one or more regions with
consistenly low numbers, I think those regions might have to be taken out of
the system.  If the entries and attendance are not there to begin with, it
might not be worth keeping those regions.  I do know there are several regions
with good entries and attendance each year.

I know there is no perfect solution, this has been a debate/discussion for as
long as I have been involved in showing, I certainly don't have the answers
either.

Chris

Chris S. (Jolley)  Kimerer
www.tanbarkgsd.com

AOE Sel.Ex.Ch.Carousel Farms Samantha, PT, TC OFA H/E
Ch. CaralonQED JD Drew Bleibtreu OFA H/E
Ch. Cresthers Blast V Kenlyn OFA

Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurity Maturity Results
To: tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, April 5, 2010, 4:58 PM

Well, when you had a total of 4 at one region and two are going to the
Nationals. That is 50% of the entry what is the point?  I  don't know what
great pleasure one takes in defeated 3 dogs to go to  the Nationals finals. The
RFD only defeated two. WOW.
Worse you yet some of these winners would never consider entering an AB
show but most of those shows are drawing entries of 40 or more. It would seem
it  would be more exciting to win a major at an AB show than defeating 3
dogs to go  to the Futurity Finals. Maybe that is why the entries are so low in
futurities  and specialty shows, they find more gratitude in winner a major
over 40+ dogs  than defeating 3 or 4 dogs.

Be kind and remove my email address before you  forward.
Lee Brown

In a message dated 4/5/2010 11:31:29 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I  certainly hope that the Reserve winner does not get taken away from the

Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.