[ SHOWGSD-L ] Embarrassing moments?

  • From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 20:35:50 -0800

Not so much embarrassing, but funny.  Filling out a GSD entry, I brought
Dreamer to a local show.  Six months old and a bit.  I took him in myself,
first class, pretty smiling judge and he WOULDN'T stop barking at her.  Wagging
his tail, smiling and barking. Laughing, she finally said, "you'll have to stop
him barking," so I put my hand over his mouth and he stopped, sort of... but
continued looking at her, smiling and talking throughout the class.  Dreamer is
a dog that refuses to hand stack... and stands square the rest of the time. I
kept pulling his near foot forward, his far foot back.... he kept moving it
where he wanted it.  When it was time for his blue ribbon, the judge was so
disconcerted (I'm guessing LOL), with all the ringside laughing, she was about
to hand me the BOB RIBBON!  The steward caught her, and the judge said... to
the best of my recollection... "OH!  No WAY!"

And that trip through memory lane made me just realize that in changing
computers, I lost my spread sheet of show records, and all my scanned show
photos!!!!!

sigh

--
Stormy Hope