[ SHOWGSD-L ] Embarrassing moments

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 23:02:30 -0500

Well, falling in the ring, especially with someone else's dog, is pretty
embarrassing.? Been there, done that.? Right Stormy? LOL!? But, the most
embarrassing and not up to par with some, was my girl Charm in obedience.?
Charm is my GSDCA 2004 Hero Dog, Good Will Ambassador, therapy dog and crisis
response trained and helicopter certified.? She has a lot to live up to.?
Anyway, during the off-lead heeling at an obedience trial, Charm alerted on
something and stopped dead in her tracks.? She stood at attention as I
completed the entire exercise sans dog.? The judge, one of my favorites,?told
me to call my dog.? I did and she ignored me.? I had to go get her.? We just
laughed as this Judge has?owned GSD's and knew Charm quite well.? Needless to
say, we did not qualify that day.? It turns out there was a fight in a parking
lot at least 200yrds from the ring and not even in sight.??Yep, it was
embarrassing but funny at the same time.
Laura??????