[ SHOWGSD-L ] Election and Cadidates' Bio's

  • From: "juel" <juel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:16:26 -0500

being an experienced business-person alone will not cut it either though, as
far as I am concerned. A good productive Board member must have a
combination of a lot of things you and I have mentioned along with other
traits & experiences.

> I will say this, I submitted my bio along with everything else needed to
> run for the Board and I was told I had to re-write my bio so that it was
> under 100 words. I am not sure what the reason is that that bio's are that
> limited. I can understand some kind of limit, but 100 words!??? That does
> not give enough space to truly represent yourself. I actually had to omit
> my professional business experience because I thought that our membership
> would be more concerned about my roots and experiences within the Breed,
> the GSDCA and Regional clubs etc.
 Hopefully enough members will be exposed to either this list or the
questionnaires being circulated so that the membership learns a lot about
each candidate. Not just 100 words.

> Jeff Pyle
I agree -- it takes that balance of all those traits and experience and
knowledge.

I personally would like to see FULL Bio's on each and every candidate,
whether on this list or as a GSDCA mailing. Knowledge is what we all need to
select the people to represent us! I don;t feel a limited Bio is conducive
to the knowledge we need.

Judy in MN who is still trying to get to know everyone.....and needs these
FULL Bio's to make an educated decision come voting time.