[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Election

  • From: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <hardcastle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, marhaven@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 18:02:55 -0400

If the AKC decides that we have made such a mess that we don't seem
to be able to fix it, they will do as they did once before (to the
GSDCA) and as they did to the Pekingese Club of America recently.
That is...(1) declare the election void and have the club appoint
someone completely neutral (that is, not an incumbent OR a current
candidate for office) to run the club for a specified period of
time...and (2) order us to have a new election, probably with
different candidates...but only after we have operated peacefully for
whatever period of time the AKC finds adequate.

With luck that won't happen...BUT it has happened before and there is
nothing to say it won't happen again.  If we can't govern ourselves
(and we haven't done much of a job doing that lately) and if we can't
conduct ourselves so that the breed is paramount (and we haven't,)
the AKC can and will step in and make us do it, like the fractious
child we are.

Remember, the club may be an independent and private organization,
but the AKC has, by law, the right to approve or disapprove our
holding any events...and as the recognized governing body of dog
shows in this country, they can shut us down whenever they feel like
it.

Our Executive Committee has flaunted its disregard for our own rules
and for the law of the state in which the club is incorporated.  How
long do you think this can go on without some steps being taken ...?

It's all well and good to say things will get better, and to say that
the Board has worked hard...blah blah blah.....yes, things will...but
maybe not until they get worse first.  Yes, the Board has worked
hard...but maybe harder than it had to, because some people consider
themselves above the law.
Peggy