[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: "EWWWW....YOUR HOUSE SMELLS LIKE DOGS!!!"

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MyJoyGS@xxxxxxx, gailbauman@xxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 19:18:06 -0700 (PDT)

I am not a panicer about it.  But most dog friendly people tell me the house
has no odor.  My mother-in-law would argue differently.  She lives in a perfect
world where there are no bad smells and my house stinks like dog.

  If I walk in and smell dog, I get out the enzyme and spray.  That does it.
All surfaces and I can tell the difference the next time I come home.  I want
to rip out the last of the carpet in the bedrooms, but $$$$$, one thing at a
time.  That odor is hardest to control as the dogs sleep there with me.

  The thing I smell the most, in Miami is mold and mildew.  I bleach the grout
when I smell that.  That will drive me nuts faster than dog odor.

  I have had a few friends tell me that compared to so-and-so's house, my house
has no odor at all and I should not ever worry.

  Four dogs in most of the time.  And smelly puppies, 2 of them!
   sheila
MyJoyGS@xxxxxxx wrote:
  I am a stickler on smells, I bath my dogs every other week at least if they
don't need it then they can go longer. I clean the crates, wash the rugs
regularly and I don't have a lot of dogs in the house, they alternate but I
usually have one permanent house dog that stays in all the time. I febreeze and
use plug in deodorizers. I always am told that you would never know I have
dogs or a cat.

My kids always use to tease me when they found me on all fours with my nose
to the rug, looking for that smelly spot ! What a visual

Joyce
MyJoy Shepherds
_http://members.aol.com/myjoygs_ (http://members.aol.com/myjoygs/)

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training

countries) for 2¢/min or less.