[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: EBAY

  • From: Erynbrook@xxxxxxx
  • To: MASSTANA@xxxxxxx, BeauChienFarms@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 14:06:17 EST

In a message dated 12/18/2005 10:21:49 AM Mountain Standard Time,
MASSTANA@xxxxxxx writes:
It seems  to me that EBAY has indicated clearly that the posts would be "non
transactional" which I interpret to mean no sales.  Seems like a good  place
place an ad for litters.  In fact it seems like a great  place to place an
ad.
It would not be a bid format and you are still  responsible for who you sell
your puppies to.  As long as it is  simply a classified listing I really see
no
reason to pan this idea.   I'll be curious to hear opposing views on this.
John

Sorry - no opposing view here. My first thought was why is this any
different than placing an ad in any other venue? There is nothing lost here -
the
buyer still retains control over who purchases the puppy. As for the puppy
mill
argument, most true puppy mills sell to wholesalers and pet stores anyway.  If
you're worried about BYBs and small puppy mills, again this is no different
than placing an ad in the newspaper, Dog World, what have you.

Susan  Casey
Erynbrook German Shepherds
Front Range German Shepherd  Rescue