[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: PUPPY BUYERS

  • From: Robert Utter <utter227@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: murk@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 14:21:18 -0500

How do you handle it when you are across the country?  Do you only sell
to your neighbors?   I talked on the phone several times to a breeder
far away.  Could have flown the dog in but ended up going to get him.
  I have had puppies flown in - sight unseen. There has to be trust both
ways.  A breeder can send you a different pup than you saw in the video
or picture and you'd never know.   There is no foolproof way of picking
or selling a pup in my estimation.   You can only ask questions,
listen, get references.  Sometimes it is what the buyer offers to tell
you without you asking that says so much.
Anne