[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Does it matter how long it takes?

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: Erynbrook1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 23:22:41 EST

Well, I wasn't going to admit this, but I'm shaming myself into it....

I kept track of all the shows that Jim and I took Moxie, (CH BrierHills
MachOne Hopes CDX,CGC), our very first show GSD (and except for a pup that died
shortly after we bought her), my very first GSD.

Sent her away after showing her locally 26 times (AB) from the time she was a
skinny, no coat pup to the time she was 2(to THE premier handler)   She was
shown (or at least double-booked) for 14 shows back east, I pulled her then and
did obedience trials until she was a couple months shy of 3.

Then in 3 months, she minored out, getting BOB over specials a few times and
group placement! and at her 76th show finished her second major.

so....76+maybe 14= 90 shows.

And we had a ball!   We traveled to WA (when she was so out of coat she had 3
hairs on her panties!), OR (twice), Northern CA, Colorado, stayed in nice
motels, ate in nice restaurants, enjoyed the drive everywhere!   Walked in
many,
many parks and along many beautiful rivers.

Would she have finished sooner with better knowledge of judges and advice to
hold her back until she was ready? (And in coat lol!) SURE! It would only have
taken about 10-15 weekends.   But would we have missed out on 3 years of
total fun?   YEP!   Would I do it again?   Not without the money that was
available then!!!

Take care and have FUN with these dogs!

Stormy
In a message dated 11/19/07 7:37:14 PM, Erynbrook1@xxxxxxx writes:

> I wonder which dog took the longest to
> finish?  So what are  your feelings about this?  Best wishes,   Barbara
>

> Wasn't UFO 9 when he finished? He wasn't shown for a long time tho, then
> brought out and finished. Not sure all the circumstances. But he was a
> solid
> black......<g>.

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com

 See what's new at http://www.aol.com