[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Does it matter how long it takes?

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:29:12 -0800 (PST)

To ad to what Stormy said, if you feel it is taking too long, try to figure
why?  Is your dog too young?  Or does you dog not meet the standard in such a
way as to be worthy of championship.  I know a breeder who finishes one dog at
a time when paying handlers.  It took a while for that last point or 2, but
this had to do with good quality in all the shows he was in.  His turn came, he
is a very nice dog, and he deserved to finish.  It just took the right dogs
finishing ahead of him, and the right judge giving him the final nod.

  I stopped with Liddy because I wanted to breed her.  I had hoped to try again
after the litter, but life does as it does.  All my dogs are champions to me.
  sheila
Stormy435@xxxxxxx wrote:
  Barbara, so many different circumstances go into this each dog/owner has to
be seen as individual situations. Breeders of long standing with young dogs
waiting in the kennel may pull a dog faster than an owner with one dog with
whom he is having fun and is showing the dog from puppyhood to championship.
And there are circumstances everywhere in between.

I think those who think that if you can't finish a dog in 10 or so showings,
should just quit with that dog has to be considering their own situation, not
the many others who have different situations and different reasons for
trundling to dog shows.

JMO

Stormy

In a message dated 11/19/07 6:52:22 AM, uwish@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

   Another breeder and I were discussing different champions recently.  One
> well known dog came up in our discussion and he said to me that dog was
> shown over 35 times to finish his championship.  How true this is, I
> don't know.  Upon further discussion, I wondered how many times is too
> long of a time for a dog to be shown and he's not finished yet.

">But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com