[ SHOWGSD-L ] Does it matter how long it takes?

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:49:50 -0500

Another breeder and I were discussing different champions recently.  One
well known dog came up in our discussion and he said to me that dog was
shown over 35 times to finish his championship.  How true this is, I
don't know.  Upon further discussion, I wondered how many times is too
long of a time for a dog to be shown and he's not finished yet.  Do any
of you exhibitors have a cut off time when you throw in the towel and
say this is the limit of how many times I show a dog and if he's not
finished, stop showing him?  Or on the other hand, do many exhibitors
feel, they do what it takes to finish their dog?  How about the dog
that's always a bridesmaid and never a bride.......aka.........the dog
who always goes reserve?  Naturally some dogs take a longer time to
mature than another dog may.  I wonder which dog took the longest to
finish?  So what are your feelings about this?  Best wishes,  Barbara