[ SHOWGSD-L ] Do you ever have days....

  • From: MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 01:27:37 EST

Where you realize you will never be without a Shepherd again?  Even if one
has a house full of them, sometimes one loses sight of that

I had one of those days today.

Wednesday marks one year since the death of my first childhood pet, Twinkle
Star (15 years with that cat), and Friday marks the two year loss of my Zander.

It is a lot to handle and old wounds still haven't closed, especially the one
from Zan.

I miss that blasted Shepherd every single day, even though he wasn't really
special to anybody but me, and it was only for those four weeks I had him.
But, I come home to Strauss everyday, and I am greeted by eighty six pounds of
happy. "ZOMG!! SHE CAME BACK!  MA MA MA MA MA!!! I MISSED YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO
MUCH!"  *wag wag wag, body shake, kissy kissy, woo woo woo!!!*

It is days like that, knowing that someone is at home waiting for me, and
missing me, that I realize the all encompassing importance of my Shepherds.

Ranger was my beginning, Strauss is my middle, and I look forward to the
Shepherd that will show me to my end.  Ranger dog is 10 years old now, and
still
trucking about like a trooper, and Strauss is almost four (already?!).  They
grow old too quickly, and leave us much too soon, but the memories and
treasures
and lessons they leave behind are more than anybody can ever ask or hope for.

I love my Rangerdog, and my Mouse, and my Zan Man, who I miss every single
day.

I hope that when the Rangerdog goes, Zander and Twink are there to meet him
at the bridge, and when Strauss's time comes, many, many years from now, that
they all greet their brother home.

Until that time comes, I shall treasure and cherish my present boys, and
remember the one I lost (and one special cat).

I hope you treasure yours too, and take a small moment out of  your day to
smile and think of yours that have crossed the bridge and are waiting for you
on
the other side

- Jackie

Marcato Shepherds