[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Diamond users--Now what to feed????

  • From: "Bonnie Dinsmore" <vonadlerhof@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <vomkristallaugen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <CHBLACKVELVET@xxxxxxx>, <MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 21:54:58 -0500

Actually, The Nutro MAX line is the company's less expensive line of foods.
The MAX foods do contain wheat and corn. The NATURAL CHOICE Lamb and rice
and Chicken, Oatmeal and Rice (now called sensitive stomach) do NOT contain
wheat and corn. But the Natural Choice Large breed (GSD on bag) DOES have
wheat.  Max also has a beef food also. It's confusing. I sell many bags of
Nutro daily. If you want to try a GREAT food from Nutro, try their Nutro
ULTRA. It's Nutro's new holistic food that contains tomato pomace, garlic,
very good ingredients-no wheat, corn, soy, by-products. It is one of Whole
Dog Journal's top 10. My dog's do terrific on it.

I used to feed Royal Canin, but I DO have a problem with the 19% fat content
when we're supposed to watch the fat content in regards to EPI and
pancreatic problems, so I stopped using it. I asked the Royal Canin reps and
the company about this high percentage of fat....I have yet to receive a
reply. Sure, they ate it and loved it, but long-term, it made me nervous.

I had recently started mixing Diamond Premium on with my pups food because
he was growing fast and had some pano. The Vet's recommend feeding a lower
protein/fat food to slow the growth down a little. I will NEVER use a cheap
food again. Thank God my dogs are fine. The larger pet food companies do put
more time and money into quality control, and I don't mind paying for it
after a scare like this one.

If anyone has any NUTRO/NATURAL CHOICE questions, I'd be glad to answer them
for you.

Bonnie Dinsmore
Von Adlerhof German Shepherds