[ SHOWGSD-L ] Dangerous and disgusting

  • From: "Liane Fossland" <lfossland@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 12:36:59 -0700

As I was leaving this morning in my car I glanced at the flower bed in the
front yard and noticed that there was a big pile of dirt where some flowers
had been. I got out of the car to check this out, pushed some of the dirt
away and found that someone or something had buried an animal. Upon further
digging (this time with a tool) I unearthed the back part of a cat, the
front was gone, still pretty fresh. Now this could not be the work of a
human unless he or she is quite deranged.
What immediately came to mind were those 2 coyotes I saw a week or so ago
enjoying the sidewalk and stopping by my house (I live within the city
limits). What bothered me was that they were completely unafraid of my
presence just meandering around. They might have killed the cat and then
buried what they could not eat to come back for more tonight. None of my
dogs barked! Why would they not bark? They do that any other time over any
stupid thing.

This also explains why I have not seen many cats around this neighborhood
lately. Yuck!  Are they bold enough to climb fences? What if I have puppies,
would they go through a doggie door? This really scares me.

Lee