[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: DNA proof of dog breed

  • From: "Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 11:58:53 -0700

Karen, true all Medical Labs keep records of their dogs that were DNA'd
to their parents so DNA on file it is easy to find the breed of dog.
How many dogs you know the breed of dogs that do not have
DNA on file? How many dogs that are white that look like a GSD
have been able to find their breed?  I would love to know the Lab as I have
friends
that have AKC Registered Dogs that were tested for breed and guess
what they came up breeds they were not.  I would suggest trying it
on your dog to see what breed it comes up too, unless their DNA is
on file you won't know.

The only reason I mentioned DNA "DNA proof of dog breed"
is I keep hearing the breed can not separate due to their DNA which
makes no sense as it can not be proven.

Bottom line is the white GSD was never desired in the history of the
GSD Breed anywhere in the world as still is not.  Are we now going to be the
only
country in the world that promotes white GSDs?

The white GSDs owners and breeders already have their own website on their
breeds
can show in AKC just in Conformation but can in UKC as they have for years.
Their website is not connected to the GSDCA other than trying to get members to
join the GSD
to change our GSD Standard.

There are still those people out there that are confused or looking for answers
is
the only reasons others on this list and others are trying to let the pros and
cons out there.

Theresa
GSDCA Member
scenecrest@xxxxxxxxx

On Tue, 8/5/14, Karen Shirk <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 found this remarkable that they
 could not only tell the breed but where the
 dog was from geographically with NOTHING but a
 blood sample and no
 information on the dogs
 at all. I think it depends on who you use. There are
 a bunch of crazy ones in magazines and such but
 we use the WISDOM test

http://showgsd.org/mail.html