[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Concerning Mycoplasma

  • From: "Iza Kabuska" <iza10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Ferraristr@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 09:24:38 -0500

Wow !  Thank you Pam for sharing this.  I must tell you about my own =
personal experience with antibiotics with a particular bitch of mine.  I =
just had this bitch x-rayed yesterday to see how many puppies she had =
cuz I knew it wasn't many !  She only has two.  She was sent out, got =
very good breedings, and on good old Baytril because her mycoplasma =
"count" was on the high side.  Bred here at home to my own dog (no =
antibiotics) the last time, she had a very healthy litter of 7.  And no, =
it wasn't the stress of shipping that caused her to have only two =
puppies this time, cuz she has been shipped before where the stud dog =
owner didn't require a culture & she wasn't on antibiotics, and she had =
normal litters of 7 to 8. (don't remember exactly)=20

Another time she was bred to a dog whose owner insisted on the culture =
(not for mycoplasma, but just a culture), and something showed up so she =
was put on antibiotics then, too, and not shipped out,  and had only two =
puppies.

I truly believe that the reason this bitch has only two puppies in her =
is because she was on antibiotics !  She started out her pregnancy =
"normally" and then as she got further along, she apparently had some =
discharge cuz she was always cleaning herself, and I kept thinking:  =
Yup, there goes another puppy -

Iza Kabuska
http://www.karizmashepherds.com
----- Original Message -----=20