[ SHOWGSD-L ] Colors and Markings in earlier GSDs

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 10:02:17 -0500

All this discussion about GV Pak has me asking a question..

Did there used to be more various in color patterns in the 40's, 50's and 60's?
 I look at black and tans, bi-colors, etc. and the markings are all
"traditional' - there is some variation, but mostly all the same.

Looking at some old time photos, it appears there were lots of variations on
markings - Klodo and his get, lots of the import dogs such as some of the dogs
that Ernie Loebe brought over (I think one was Bar?). There just seem to be
more different markings..

Just curious...Jess M.Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)& The Shepherd Girls
(Simmie, CGC, TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC> Date:
Thu, 29 May 2008 07:44:43 -0700> From: carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx> Subject: [
SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Yorkdams Pac> To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx> > Yes, Polly would be quite unnerved . Pak was exactly
the same color as my silver sable, Nanhall's Dolph, brother of> Donna. He got
his name "Stinky" from his arrival at the> airport. Polly had bought him as a
baby for, I was told, $75,> and when he arrived he was covered in really stinky
poop.> Thus the call name stuck with him forever. Polly and Ted were > fun
people in a time when most of the people at shows were> great to be around and
the parties went on into the wee hours.> Carolyn> > > --- On Wed, 5/28/08,
Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx <Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx> wrote:> > > From:
Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx <Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx>> > Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re:
Yorkdams Pac> > To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > Date: Wednesday, May 28, 2008,
7:00 PM> > In a message dated 5/28/2008 3:05:01 PM Mountain Daylight> > Time, >
> sonderhaus@xxxxxxxxxx writes: > > > (owner of Yorkdams Pac)> > > of
Albuquerque, NM; and even bred a bitch to him (hate> > to admit I am that> > >
old---or that I bred a bitch to him), I can tell you> > that he was a "blue"> >
> not a silver.> > OMG....Polly is turning over in her grave to have anyone> >
call her beloved > > "Stinker" a blue. She was one of my early> > mentors and
altho' it was some years > > since the dog had died when I knew her, she always
talked> > about him. John > > Franklin, another long- time friend of Polly's
called> > him a "grey". > > She was quite a lady and I can still hear her
outspoken> > remarks of wisdom. > > <G> Back in the day, Polly Katz and Ted
Yonemoto> > (Lavaland Knls.) were the > > be-all and end-all of GSD's here in
the Southwest.> > Jamie > > > > > >
============================================================================> >
POST is Copyrighted 2007. All material remains the> > property of the original
author and of GSD Communication,> > Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any
kind are permitted> > without prior permission of the original author AND of
the> > Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. > > > > ALL PERSONS ARE ON
NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION> > OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY
MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON> > SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL
PARTIES TO> > THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN,> > AND
IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION> > WILL BE PROSECUTED. > >
admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > > > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org> >

Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. > > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT
THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS
ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE
LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF
THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED. > > For assistance, please contact the
List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org>
Give to a good cause with every e-mail. Join the i?m Initiative from Microsoft.
http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Join/Default.aspx?souce=EML_WL_ GoodCause