[ SHOWGSD-L ] Colors

  • From: Penny Kroh <farmdogforever@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 11:14:25 -0500

I wonder how accurate any stats on colors would be?  I have 2
bi-colors--the color listed on one registration paper says she is a black
and tan.  NOT
 TRUE.  Forest's color was also listed as black and tan and SHE was
bi-color.

I don't think there would be any way that the AKC would or could outlaw
certain colors, no matter how distasteful some of these are to people.  DNA
would show these "colors" to be of GSDs.  It's in the DNA, folks, not the
colors.

Penny in NC
The Farm Dog Forever
I would like to see statistics of color variation by numbers.

Dogs of Panda color should not be registered as sables
or black and tans. They should have a clear description but
have no idea of what they would be.

I read in a old review of the board members had discussed
not registering white GSDs with AKC as GSDs.  It would be
nice if the GSDCA board decided to write a letter stating
the Piebald spotting on a GSD should not be registered as
a GSD.

Theresa