[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Canine Brucellosis in Michigan...IMPORTANT

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 10:42:11 EDT

In a message dated 8/19/08 4:45:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Am I the only one concerned about this or

hell NO - and, having lived in southern illinois , i can tell you that the
some of the labs the vets use there are lousy at best.  i had a bitch that
tested positive for BC.  while i was busy being hysterical as i was told that
all
my dogs should be euthanized, the sample was resubmitted to cornell at my
insistence.  NEGATIVE.  gee, whoops, the 1st lab goofed.  and, while you can
get
false positives, you cannot get false negatives.  my girl is healthy; all my
guys were healthy.  BUT, apparently, there is a problem in that area with the
cattle.  this is not a disease you want to mess with, folks.  and, much as i
hate
to say it, when you are in an area where ignorance prevails, good luck
getting people to test for anything.  i hate to tell you what the standard
treatment
was for a sick or injured dog.  let's just say that a bullet is cheap.  you
need to be careful and have your animals tested annually, whether or not you
are breeding them.
diane
Diane Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>It's only a deal if it's