[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Candidates Questions

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 00:45:54 GMT

Remembering history is not going backwards.  Questioning people who want a
position of power and influence, about their motives and beliefs, is not going
backwards.

Only one Board member explained his yes vote, and I still respect him, to this
day, for standing by his convictions, even though I vehemently disagreed with
him.  The others who voted yes have, as cowards frequently do, avoided
discussing this issue, never giving their reasons for NOT protecting the GSDCA,
hoping it would  be forgotten.

I personally, and privately, asked several of the YES voters to explain their
reasons, and not one of them has ever given me the courtesy of a reply.  Those
Board members acted that way back then and are still acting that way today.
Yet they want to be on the Board again.  They want me, and others questioning
members, to just go away!!

If there was little info available at the time of the vote, then it should have
been tabled until those members knew what they were doing.  It was a fiasco,
and they have no one to blame but themselves.  NO EXCUSES, just reasons and
rationale, please.  Yes, as you say, things would have been different - we
would have known that we had a Board to trust; a Board with INTEGRITY.

THAT is NOT going backwards; that is representing us all in a proper manner.
I, for one, do not want ANY cowards on the BOD.

It IS time for a change.

Paula, 57 days and counting

"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it."
Edmund Burke