[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Breeder Responsibility and Champions in Shelters

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 03:05:03 -0700 (PDT)

I spoke with Munster Abbey. I had a person call me about a dog who had been
sold to someone from this operation. Beautiful dog, but had some serious issues
with training. The people were taking him to a shelter. The trainer they were
working with contacted Munster Abbey; the correct thing to do. The proprietor
informed her that it was no longer their problem. The dog was sold, end of
story. Trainer contacted me and asked me to intercede hoping I could sway them.
I spoke with the owner of this facility who clearly stated that "a dog is no
different than a car...if you dont like your car two weeks after you buy it,
you can't return it"...he flatly REFUSES to take back ANYTHING he breeds for
ANY reason! Needless to say, we had a "heated" discussion...this man LIVES on
the money he makes BREEDING DOGS. HOW MANY DOGS IS HE BREEDING??? I explained
the terminology "puppymill" to him...doubt he appreciated it.
Dawn

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven
Donations may be made to: