[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Board Of Gram

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 08:40:11 -0400 (EDT)

Amy I think you might have seen in a prior post where the POG 5+ years ago
was $50.  (I remember when my first CH's father was in one that I
attended/had a youngster participate in, gosh that had to be 10+ years ago, and
 it
was $50 then too).  I was unaware that Jim, Sheree and D.D. were the
members who contributed a sum of money to cover the costs for a number of
years.
Boy, that was awfully classy of them!!!  Big thank  you!

So now there is a fee.  It would be lovely if it was the same $50 that  it
was 10+ years ago, but it isn't.

As for the Review there isn't enough content to justify a monthly
magazine.  I can remember having the same conversation for at least a half
dozen
years.  There's no point in repeating the "whys" again.

As for what you get for your $66?  I don't know what you get but the  PC
isn't making any money on my dues I can assure you.  Certificates, pins,  dual
title plaques, (mailing of the same) and have you been to the web site
lately???? Amazing!  WHAT a resource and of course there is the  publication
and mailing of the Review.

While we are on the subject of what we "get" I am sick to death of hearing
the PC doesn't support regional clubs.  ANYONE who is involved at the RC's
Board level knows that all it takes is a phone call and medallions arrive,
tapes  for educational seminars, show approvals, a list from Laura Gilbert
of people who have contacted her for membership info is sent to the
<local> clubs on a timely basis etc. etc. etc....but here again, IF you  aren't
involved w/ the running of a RC or RC's shows, how would you know?   Easier to
criticize I guess...

As I explained yesterday, I didn't join for what I would get, I joined
because I wanted to be a part of something involving the breed of my  choice.

One lister opined yesterday that she supported the PC with her entries
(????) and by owning GSDs (??????). I still don't have an answer to my question
 on how that could be....I DO have some spin, but no answer probably
because  there IS no logical answer. Skip the spin guys, there's more than
enough
on cable  TV, and it's the same format.  A question is  asked and the
recipient of the question goes off on a whole other tangent rather  that
addressing the actual question.  So, can anybody tell me how owning  GSDs and
entering shows SUPPORTS the parent club?

Speaking for myself, I would have GSDs parent club or no parent club and my
 entries at dog shows don't support the PC.  They may or may not "support"
the hosting club but these days, with the cost of putting on a show what it
is,  I would have to say the "support" is negligible.

But, like I said...renew, don't renew, justify the dues or not.

Personally I'm off for a nice long weekend.  Fight nicely lol.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 8/11/2011 5:12:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

We are not going to let this review thing go with out a fight so they  had
better be ready for it.  As far as the Parade Of Greats go they  should not
be charging for it...the POG and the Veteran's are my two favorite  parts of
the National...without the old dogs we would not have the dogs we  have
today. I do not much care whether I have to pay to nominate a  litter....but I
am sorry....what exactly do we get for our $66.00????  I  have been a member
of the GSDCA since 1987......that is a whole lot of dues  money and now
they want to take away half our reviews.....what's  next????