[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I have some questions, I am NOT being negative.. just curio...

  • From: BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 09:56:25 EDT

Permission to cross post....
Thanks Peg and all concerned members. As in our households, times have
changed and lifestyles have been affected. As a member of the B & F committee,
was asked to look at cost savings for the review. Others were given
direction in just about all areas of revenue as well as expenses. All I will
say is
nothing was left without discussion. This committee has met regularly by
conference calls since late last year when the committee was approved at the
board meeting after the national. I speak as a member of the
GSDCA..................... this committee has busted their butts, made
recommendations that
were extremely uncomfortable and with only one intention, TO HELP THE GSDCA
survive during these economic times. We cannot continue to exist off our net
worth, more money going out then coming in spells disaster.
I had asked for and received permission to do an analysis of other breed
clubs within the AKC to compare and get some NEW ideas. My report was
presented to the board at the July meeting {anyone that wants a copy, just ask
and I
will send it to you}. My recommendation was presented and I quote, " Reduce
face to face board meetings to January only and meet by conference calls
monthly". Yes, this is a huge cost savings, approximately $60,000.00 annually.
Your board HAS NOT just reviewed specific areas, WE HAVE looked at the
whole picture and will continue to make painful decisions for the success of
the
GSDCA as a whole.
As I have said many times in the past, I am more then willing to answer
questions, hear your concerns and keep you abreast of what your board is
considering and the reasons for past decisions. Many may feel this is a
political
post, think what you want, I AM AND ALWAYS WILL BE A PROUD OWNER OF A GSD
AND MEMBER OF THE GSDCA!!

Gary Szymczak
630-980-4438
630-775-2929 Office
312-618-9758 Cell

ps. This is and will be my only post on this subject.