[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Black Russian Terrier??

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 13:38:49 -0700 (PDT)

There are a few Black Russian's here in Miami area.  I have met them at shows.
I was told clearly by the owner of one that until about 5 years ago the entire
breed was unaproachable.  The US breeders have worked very very hard to breed
civil dogs.  They make our GSD's look completely friendly.  But I have petted
some, and I saw one with a child he had never met.  He was loving the hugs.
Totally good.  But I would not trust one I was not introduced to.
  sheila
"Karen C." <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:52:55 EDT, VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx wrote:=20

> I've judged exactly 6 of them,only three in the USA.

Only three what? Champions (so far)? There would have
to be many more of them in this country than that or they
would not be AKC recognized already. ;)

On a personal note, I completed an obedience class a
couple of months ago where the gal was working a 5
month old puppy and an adult male. NICE dogs but
I'm not sure I'd like to be caught at the business
end of one in the middle of the night. Whoa!!!
Powerful breed!!

kmc

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.