[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Black Russian Terrier

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx>, <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>, <Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx>, <Dir@xxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 19:21:15 -0500

When the BRaTs were first recognized, we had a really good sized entry at
one of the clusters in Maryland...and the only thing that impressed those of
us who went to watch them was the aggressiveness...and the growlling.
   I don't think they are that tough nowadays, at least not at the
shows...but I do think they are a lot more aggressive and not so
discriminating  as a good GSD would be.  Of course, I'm prejudiced.
     I'm on a list with someone who's very active in the breed, and has been
for years...she does other things with them including some program (not AKC)
that includes Schutzhund work, so we know they aren't stupid at all...
            Whoever it was who didn't like the idea of a double
coat...Shepherds have a double coat, too...so I don't understand the problem
there.  There is definitely trimming, tho...........
        Peggy