[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Birds being Legislated... NY

  • From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:27:01 EST

Doris is incapable of dealing with pure EVIL, or evil of any sort. This is
her story, it is hers alone, and it is not necessary to comment on her  past.
Opinions that are hurtful for no reason are not fair. There is  nothing in her
post that alludes to illegal smuggling of  wildlife. Syd

In a message dated 1/29/2009 2:12:07 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
On Thu,  29 Jan 2009 09:33:12 -0800, Doris E
<irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> *Many years ago when I had my pet store, I had a sea
>captain friend who would bring me assorted birds from
>time to  time.

Sorry, but the illegal smuggling of live wildlife (or
parts  thereof) into this country is pure EVIL!! Doris:
what your friend did could  have exposed this country, its
people and its natural flora and fauna to  disease and was
extremely irresponsible, not to mention probably cruel  to
the birds. I do understand that it was a different time
with  different rules. That still doesn't make it right!

Speaking as a parrot  owner myself, that URL has a point.
It really is way too easy to buy a bird  or, for that
matter, many other types of exotic pets. Far too  many
people who buy a parrot do so because they think the idea
of a  talking bird is "cool" or because the hand-fed babies
are indescribably  cute. It's too bad some of these folks
don't think ahead to the next 35  plus years to figure out
if bird ownership is REALLY what they want. Not  all birds
talk. What happens if the one you buy doesn't? Birds are
dirty  and can be very destructive. And then there's the
noise factor. 'Nuff said  about THAT!  ;0

--
Karen C.
Email:  kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx

FORBIDDEN,
AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW.  VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org