[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Birds being Legislated... NY

  • From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Doris E" <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:57:19 -0800

What a story, Doris.  May I use it, removing private Information?  By the way,
that's being done all the time with all animals now, and while simply can't
believe it, there are stories and stories.

On Jan 29, 2009, at 9:33:12 AM, "Doris E" <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
stormy435 wrote:
http://mnlreport.typepad.com/the_monthly_national_legi/2009/01/alert-new-york-city-ny---legislation-against-bird-owners.html

*** ALERT *** New York City, NY - Legislation against Bird owners

This received from the New York Bird Club regarding legislation
against bird owners they are trying to pass

 Many years ago when I had my pet store, I had a sea captain friend who would
bring me assorted birds from time to time.  One trip, he brought me 8
rose-crested cockatoos, a very beautiful bird.  As he was walking out the back,
the authorities walked in the front and confiscated the birds.
Several years later I took my son to Griffith Park Zoo, and there they were!!
So much for customs destroying what they confiscated. I talked to a zoo-keeper,
and he told me where they got them. Bet the agent made a bundle on the deal.
Doris E

--
Stormy Hope
carpoc.org