[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Birds being Legislated... NY

  • From: Karen M. Carloni <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 19:14:01 -0500

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 14:45:46 -0800 (PST), Werner Sommers
<wernersommers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>    You were much kinder to the person complaining about Doris then I
>could ever be.

Excuse me??????? Exactly WHERE did I complain about
Doris??? Doris stated in her story that her FRIEND was a
sea captain and brought her birds from time to time. I
surmised from this that he brought them in from his
travels to exotic places. If this was wrong, then I humbly
apologize. However, since Australia is an island
continent, and this guy was a "sea captain," I think you
can see where my supposition came from.

I also may very well have been off-base in jumping to the
conclusion that the sea captain was possibly bringing
birds into this country without going through the proper
channels, for which, I too apologize. However, MANY (far
too many) exotic birds, plants and other living things
have been brought to this country under someone's coat or
in their luggage or inside their car tires or engines or
whatever. It wasn't right or humane then and it still
isn't today! Such behavior on the part of individuals is
irresponsible and dangerous because it allows animals,
insects or plants into our country who, without proper
quarantine to catch them, could have spread dangerous
diseases or parasites to OUR native wildlife and/or
damaged the American livestock industry. And THAT'S
what I was objecting to with my comments about smuggling.
I will say it again... In my opinion - and I AM entitled
to my opinion - any sort of smuggling operation is pure
EVIL!! There!!

I'm sorry if some of you don't agree with me, but that is
your right. In any case, I have never personally attacked
Doris, nor would I!! I would appreciate it if those of you
in the pack mentality "attack mode" would just drop it
right there and put a sock in it!! And Syd: I will
respectfully thank you *not* to tell me which posts I may
or may not comment on!  :/

--
Karen C.
Email: kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx