[ SHOWGSD-L ] Big change at Philadephia Board meeting

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 13:21:47 EDT

VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:

The VOTE WAS TO ALLOW THE WHITE GERMAN SHEPHERD TO SEPARATE AND BECOME
THEIR OWN BREED.  It passed with 4 votes.  This issue has been  discussed for
at least 6 years and always the Board rejected the idea of  changing our
Standard or allowing the separation, not this Board with Tish as  President it
passed and our breed will change forever.  How  sad.

Nothing stays the same forever. I remember when I was on the board, the
White shepherd club offered to host a breakfast for the board to make a
presentation.  At that time someone decided to start the meeting early and
precluded them from speaking to us. I was upset with that, since they had
flown
in, reserved the room, prepared a breakfast, and were rejected.  But,  I
always have, and still do support our board.

 For years I have watched this discussion, and wondered when the board
would go back to what the original board had done, and accepted the  Whites.
Lloyd Brackett at Longworth had always bred onto whites.   Horund the first
dog to register as a German Shepherd in Germany, came from a  white.

I do commend the board on the fortitude and courage to address this  issue.
 For years the club has rejected the White Shepherd, and the reason  has
always been because white is a fault. Well, we made it a fault.   As my mother
always told me, "I brought you into the world, and I can take you  out of
it."

We made it a fault, and we can change.  Change is always going to  happen,
and some will always want it not to.  I am getting more and more  against
change the older I get.  But, I do accept other's who want  something
different.

We have some new people in the Long Beach club, Summer and her family.
Rather than have just another Saturday class, because they had a hot dog and
hamburger roast a few weeks ago,  this weekend I hosted a ribbs and chicken
lunch for everyone for Tedi's birthday. We are having over 30 people now
show  up. It might be the food, but we have so many now, we are having  more
puppies coming out to class too.

If the time has come for the Whites, I embrace it.  I judged their
National a few years back and was impressed by the dedication of people who
were
rejected by the conformation part of our club. With so many other areas of
the  sport growing so fast, it might be time for us old conformation loyals to
stand  back and not be stampeded by those who want the total experience.
Whites  show in obedience, herding, fly ball, Rally, and all other aspects of
the sport.  The ones that are growing faster than conformation.

I bow to our board, and am sorry that if some chose to leave the meeting
early, they were unable to be heard. We pay for them to fly in and out, and I
 know they do the best they can to get low fares. But, new business is
always at  the end of the meeting.  That is in the by-laws, and if someone has
to  leave early, then they are not going to be heard on new business.

Like our debt ceiling, I accept what our leadership wants to do.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together