[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Bedside Reading

  • From: "Stormy V. Hope" <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 11:41:28 -0800

Bedside, breakfast table side, waiting in dr.’s offices side… mostly crime
fiction now, but also reaching into the classics-the books we all groaned about
for English tests. Love them now. Used to be all political/ anthropological.
If it’s in print, I’ll read it and read it to the end <VBG> However, I could
not finish a Hemingway book.. his style of writing was the first book in my
memory that I did not finish. (I am a pretty speedy reader -)

On Dec 24, 2015, at 11:35 AM, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Going back to school at the rip old age of 48 spending 4 years to obtain a
multi-subject teaching credential followed by 8 very challenging years
teaching elementary and middle school students I must admit I did very little
pleasure reading, so much reading goes into being a decent teacher, but when
I did read my favorite author was Anne Ruhle... May be spelling her last name
incorrectly.... She wrote true crime stories, you'd think reading true crime
would be the last thing I'd be reading , working with criminals for 28 years
. Wish I understood why I do most of the things I do! Merry Christmas Ed

Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App