[ SHOWGSD-L ] BOSS

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 23:44:26 EDT

In a message dated 6/15/2006 6:26:04 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx writes:
He could  look into your soul with those piercing black eyes, and you knew
you  were in the presence of something above the  normal.

I believe this is the first time I have ever said anything on  the List about
the loss of a dog.  I try to keep it private.

But, the Boss is something more than just a dog.  I have  a special memory of
sitting in the stands next to Carolyn with my arm around  Boss and talking to
her, while I looked into the eyes of what a German shepherd  should be, and
what we strive for one to become.

I only know of one other German shepherd that would talk to me  with his eyes
as did Boss, and it was not one of mine either. But, this one  special dog
shows how great our breed can be, and how fortunate we are to have  shared him
for those years he was here.

There is something wrong with the loss of The Boss, but  nothing wrong with
what he leaves behind.  I will enjoy the shows a little  less, knowing he is no
longer here.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together