[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: BILL 132 ONTARIO PASSED, DEATH TO HEART AND HOME

  • From: Liane M Fossland <lfossland@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: RihadinK9@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 14:36:36 -0700

This past weekend we had an International Dog Show here in Tucson and I
wanted to see what this was all about. I just got through telling one of
our listers what I observed. If she wants to share it with you, that's
fine.
There were several breeds represented including one Pit Bull, a female
who was so very excited to see me, she jumped up on me and wanted to be
patted, she simply was the sweetest dog. The owner said to me:
Look at her, and then they want to ban these dogs?, and I thought: You
are right, lady, this is so unfair. In my opinion the legislators should
go after the people who breed the meanness into them and teach them to
attack. These people put all our breeds in jeopardy and THEY should be
punished, not the dogs.
I think I mentioned once on the list about a pit bull who attacked my GS
puppy a long time ago. I hated pit bulls then for what this one dog had
done to her, but through the years I learned that blaming the dog was not
where the problem lied. It's good to become wiser as you get older.
Lee

Liane (Lee) Fossland
Steppenwind German Shepherds
Home of Ch. Donar, Loni, CD,  Auburn & KaraMia
www.steppenwindgsd.com