[ SHOWGSD-L ] Educating re GSD's

  • From: Stephen Reierstad <wmj1944@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 13:52:57 -0800 (PST)

Terry wrote:
"So educate the local pretend judge.Do they only have one that does
this job?  Bring them a
sweet GSD to meet."

Sometimes it is easier said than done.  Case in point:  A lady who
helps out from time to time in our kennel, and who loves GSD's, is
married to a former Marine who fought in Desert Storm.  He isn't
afraid of much, but he is terrified of German Shepherds, because of a
bad experience with one when he was a boy.  Obviously, we don't have
any bad-tempered or vicious dogs in our kennel, but he is frightened
even of the puppies.

Something similar happened with a potential buyer 2 summers ago; the
husband was so afraid of GSD's that he wouldn't get near the
6-week-old puppies.  I advised her to get a different breed, and they
bought a Weimaraner.

Some people just have this mind-set about our Breed, and nothing is
going to change them.

Steve

=====
Visit Two Feathers German Shepherds online at http://www.wmj1944.com