[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Aural Hematoma

  • From: Cindy <sophoclesajax@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jen Proud <proudk911@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 14:01:16 -0700

Thank you to those who responded both on list and privately regarding
hematomas.
Thank you to those who expressed your confidence & trust in the
veterinarian we share! This helped to calm my nerves at least, going into
the surgery.

This bitch had surgery that went well Friday and is recovering.
Aspirating/draining with cortisone injected did not work out. I am
confident that her skilled and experienced veterinarian will be able to
resolve the hematoma with this surgery. He has said that he tells his
clients that if he ever has to repeat the surgery in the same ear (which
has been rare), he will not charge for that surgery, and that he has never
had to do the same ear a third time in a dog's lifetime -- which I found
generous and fair.

Time will tell whether her ear will go back up; vet certainly did his very
best and will recheck, adjust/rebandage her Monday.  She isn't particularly
thrilled by all the stuff surrounding & in her ear right now -- which seems
to include xray film, teflon bandages, tapes, sutures, and tampons, lol --
and wants to shake her head (nooooo!). Poor baby! But she is safe & okay.

Cindy

http://showgsd.org/mail.html