[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: August Shows in Maryland

  • From: BonJenShepherds@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:33:41 EDT

Hello.

    No we (Anne Arundel) are not having our August specialty  this year.
From what we are told the Greater Washington club is now run almost  entirely
by obedience people and they have voted to not have conformation at  their
shows. Upon being notified of this Anne Arundel decided to cancel their
august show for this year. Anne Arundel feared that a stand alone event
scheduled for a Friday in the hundred degree August heat would not pull enough
of
an entry to even cover its expenses. We are currently trying to figure  out
a way to salvage our august specialties for the future but it's to late for
this year.
   We are having a match show in august though & I believe  the York club
is going to have a match show that day as well (same  location, same day).
We'll be posting the details to the list soon.

Thanks.
Bonnie Jenkins
VP GSDC Of Anne Arudnel

In a message dated 7/10/2009 10:32:13 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
chstormdog@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I had a  friend ask me if the Anne Arundel Club and the Greater Washington
Club were  having their shows this summer as they haven't received any info
for them. I  told them I hadn't received anything either.
Anyone know  anything?

Thanks,

Patti

**************Summer concert season is here! Find your favorite artists on