[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pitt Bulls!

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:35:19 -0500

La., where I live, has been "slow" in catching up with the rest as we STILL
have lots of cock & dog fights here.  Just in today's paper there was
a write-up of a huge bust in St. Louis, Mo. with over 400 dogs have been
rescued in Illinois, Texas Okla., Iowa & Miss.  La. wasn't mentioned
this time.  It mentions how the Vick case has brought a renewed scrutiny
toward this stuff.  Nurses, Little League coach & a phys. ed teacher for the
disabled were among those arrested.  Yes, most used are the Pitt Bulls (the
name indicates this stuff anyway)!  A couple months ago 3 Boxers killed
a child playing in his yard as they'd escaped.   Legislative session just
ended and a new more strict law pointing toward owners of dogs who cause
havoc are to be more seriously fined prisoned etc.    It's, as noted by Ed
below - irresponsible owners - I've said many times that if a Chihuahua was
the size of a Dane, the entire world would be in trouble, no fear in those
guys.  However, I'll take a GSD and their loyalty, etc. any day.  Nowadays,
there are so many "mixed breeds" it's difficult at times to actually
identify their heritage anyway.  Norma