[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: An educated consumer

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, sincagsd@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 14:35:31 EDT

In a message dated 4/13/2007 12:03:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
uwish@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
The way  that I look at it is.......if they don't want to
pay the extra % on a  purchase under $10, why should I as the consumer be
hit then with a larger  bill to meet the $10 limit?  If they don't want
to pay extra, then  why should I have to pay extra?  If I came in to the
store and my  item only cost $3.00, then why should I have to pay an
additional $7.00 to  meet the $10 store's limit?  How is this fair to the
consumer?   We are expected to pay extra so the store doesn't have to pay
extra!   Nope, not fair from where I sit!  JMHO,   Barbara

You don't.  I guess you'll just carry at least $10-$20 or shop  someplace
else.

I never understood credit/debit cards for smallish purposes.  Remember  when
we used to carry a little cash?  That was before E-Z pass, lol and we  needed
toll money. Hmmm...how much is that Starbucks latte going to cost when  you
don't pay off Visa every month?

Did you ever wonder why some stores don't take AMEX?  They charge  5-6+%,
and in some cases, that's the profit margin.

I don't care if they don't take credit cards for under $10.  I'm  trying to
think where I spent under $10 last, and it would have to be the  convenience
mart when I needed flavored dairy creamer...I think $1.99.  Ok,  maybe "needed"
is the wrong word <VBG>.  OTOH, not too long before  the local farm stands
open, and then everyone needs to carry one dollar  bills.  (They are unattended
w/ lock-boxes).

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_