[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: An educated consumer

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sincagsd@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 11:43:16 -0400

Hi Gloria:  I knew this to be true as well because that's what a store
owner told me.  Someone else wrote to me privately with the same
information.  The way that I look at it is.......if they don't want to
pay the extra % on a purchase under $10, why should I as the consumer be
hit then with a larger bill to meet the $10 limit?  If they don't want
to pay extra, then why should I have to pay extra?  If I came in to the
store and my item only cost $3.00, then why should I have to pay an
additional $7.00 to meet the $10 store's limit?  How is this fair to the
consumer?  We are expected to pay extra so the store doesn't have to pay
extra!  Nope, not fair from where I sit!  JMHO,  Barbara

Bill Sinclair wrote:

>In regards to the fact that stores won't except a credit card for purchases
>under $10, I remember my boss hitting the ceiling when I had accepted a charge
>amount for under $10.  I believe the reason was then and still now that the
>store pays 3 to 4% of the total charge amount to the credit card company.  Not
>good business on a small amount of money for a small retail store.  Gloria
>Sinclair
>POST is Copyrighted 2007.  All material remains the property of the original
>are permitted without prior permission of the original author  AND of the

>PROSECUTED.

>VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org

Barbara J. Galasso
CHIEFTAINS GERMAN SHEPHERDS