[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: All animals are equal

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sallyhayden5@xxxxxxxxx>, <ELG440@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 15:13:36 -0700

If the one person comes to the National every year with her Champion but
CHOOSES not
to show them because they win at All Breeds...... HOW did the Parent Club
exclude  her to
make a decision to not show at the National???
Isn't Jim Moses on our Board of Directors??    Has ANYONE won more than Jimmy
Moses
at All Breeds AND our National??    WHERE is the exclusion or division?
Some CHOOSE All Breeds only.....some CHOOSE Specialties only....some CHOOSE
both.
NO way this can be blamed on our Parent Club excluding anyone for their own
choices.
The German Shepherd Dog Of America has specific Conformation titles that are
won mostly
within the GSD Breed at the German Shepherd Dog NATIONAL in order to qualify
for the Parade
Of Greats along with some other specific higher titles.    This has been in
place for many years.
These are not necessarily recognized by other AKC venues either!!    It works
both ways.  <G>
i.e. R.O.M., A.O.E.,  Select,  Select Excellent, Grand Victor, Grand Victrix
and higher degrees of
Performance titles also.......etc.   ( please don't hang me on missing some
details.... )  <G>

The Parent Club is not responsible for our choices ....nor the wins we do or do
not have.   They just
offer us opportunities to earn titles at a higher level that was accepted and
put in place years ago
IF our dogs earn them and qualify......IF we choose to......we can enter them
in the Parade of Greats.
I don't see any 'exclusion'  to any of this so much as encouraging
participation  and spending the
time working & competing with your dog more ...or breeding and competing at a
higher National level.

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com