[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Again...THE POINT....Piebald NOT

  • From: Zoa Rockenstein <zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, 'Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm' <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>, "Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 09:17:14 -0700 (PDT)

Carolyn is totally right about this.  The DNA argument is not only irrelevant
but dangerous.  It sets a precedent that opens the door to all comers.  The
Breed Standard may not please everyone, but it is the only measure of
protection that the breed has.  As GSDCA members, we are guardians of the breed
through the application of the breed standard.  Breeders of white and
off-color/designer gsds made a conscious choice to go against the breed
standard.  No one forced them to breed or own these dogs.  Now, they don't want
to take the consequences of that decision.  They want the GSDCA to change the
breed standard instead.  I will vote no!  If you want to show your dog, then
breed or buy a dog that conforms to the breed standard.

Dr. Zoa Rockenstein, AKC Breeder of Merit
http://www.riverrockgermanshepherds.com/
Generations of Dually-Titled Champions
and Protective Companions for a Changing World