[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Again I fail to make my point

  • From: SegerWind@xxxxxxx
  • To: plushpuppyohio@xxxxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 00:11:06 EDT

In a message dated 8/25/2005 8:17:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,
plushpuppyohio@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Regardless, the Illustrated Standard is a tool for people to understand  what
our dogs should be,

Sean I would agree with you that the IS is an "example" it can be a  "tool"
to help people understand the structure visually of what the  standard for our
breed should be....the topic as I have followed it, as been at  times
misconstrued to mean one would breed based on an old or new illustrated
standard.
Evan as I see it you are missing the point and value perhaps  of the simple
value
of an IS as a "tool".  A tool is just that, a  visual tool in this case, not
a road map for a breeding program. Just my  thoughts.
Thanks
Steven
Segerwinds