[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ARBA show

  • From: "Kathy Partch" <jokaysedona@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 14:00:06 -0700

I traveled a long way to an ARBA show one time to show two of my wGSDs. The
LAST ARBA. I was so turned off it was my last. My bitch, who always seemed
to get something & showed very well that day didn't even get looked at. I
mean the judge walked right by her & then went over the rest of the bitches.
I asked why later? I thought it was maybe something I had done. He said my
bitch was too small. She was exactly 22.5. There were about 3 bitches next
to her that were all too large for the standard which made her look extra
small. Then when I showed my dog the same day, I over heard the same judge
say, "I'm frustrated! I thought someone was going to get me a standard?!" I
said WHAT! He gave my dog winners dog. Now was that a compliment or an
insult? I know, I paid for that days opinion...;o) Kathy Partch

Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Temperament Test...and the difference

Evan is right.  It is astonishing how many AKC judges don't take the time=
 to=0D
Really read and understand the standards of the ARBA dogs.  It is importa=
nt,=0D
Because many of the working/molosser group are bred to do very specific
=0D
So, I'm not familiar with the Rare Breeds Association ...  Do the judges
receive the standards with their assignment or do they have to locate the=
another way?  Haaaa, you are pretty brave Evan!!!  My gosh that was one big
bitch!!!
 Kate