[ SHOWGSD-L ] ARBA show

  • From: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 22:47:00 EDT

Hi All,
I did attend the ARBA show that Evan talked about.  I brought my 9 mos old
pup (Layla) and gave it a shot.  These shows are really fun.  Very much like
the
International shows.  Several shows in 2 days, owner/handlers and everyone is
friendly.  I guess they recently started letting AKC dogs in because everyone
kept asking what kind of shepherd my Layla was :-)

Saturday was a bit unorganized but they pulled it together by today.  I
didn't get to show Layla under Evan but Evan did a good job educating the other
Judges on the GSD.  Ok, she was the only one entered but the comments I got
from
the judges seemed fairly knowledgable.  The results, Layla got BOB both days.
G4 on Sat and G2 on Sunday.  Yay, Layla.

With the lack of matches around anymore, these shows are a great way to
socialize your dogs and get some ring time.  And, they can get titles too :-)
Thanks for mentioning the shows Evan.

Laura Thomas
http://www.treasureranchgsds.com/