[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC inspections of 4-6 litters a year

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 08:32:08 EDT

Yes.  Saw that.  I thought everyone was subject to "random"  inspections
before, so I didn't give it a whole lot of thought.  Are folks  upset about it?

In a message dated 3/14/2007 8:59:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Stormy435@xxxxxxx writes:
I don't  know if this has been posted before...apologies if it has.
QUite a bit of  buzz on other lists about  it.
Stormy

http://www.akc.org/about/chairmans_report/2007.cfm?page=3

The  Board recently adopted enhancements to our inspection protocols which I
strongly believe will continue to strengthen overall compliance for AKC
breeders using our registry. The AKC spent more than $5.7 million in 2006  to
ensure
the accuracy of its registry and the care and conditions of dogs  raised by
AKC
breeders. New guidelines that are being implemented by the  Compliance
department include:
â?¢     For the first-time ever, breeders who register 4 to 6 litters
annually with AKC will be randomly selected for inspection.
â?¢      As an added incentive for AKC breeders  currently inspected who
register 7 to 24 litters annually, we will waive  one 18-month inspection
cycle
for those who pass two consecutive AKC  inspections. After the waiver, they
will
be placed back on an 18-month  inspection schedule.

"You may never know what results come from  your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no  result."
Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_
http://www.aol.com.