[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC AB vs Specialties, fees and other.....

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 22:34:39 EDT

I don't think AKC wants to get rid of the Specialty clubs. They want them
so they can promote their breeds. Make sense to me. I know we were having
matches, meet the breed, training classes etc. and advertised this for GSDs.
Now  that it looks like we will no longer have shows we will not be doing
this so the  GSD breed will not be promoted as much in this area. I really do
not think this  is what AKC wants.

Lee Brown

In a message dated 7/14/2010 7:06:23 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
What  would be the purpose of, or the logic of,  "bleeding them dry with
much  higher fees than the all breed clubs pay?"
Wouldn't that be rather  self-defeating and self-destructive?  If AKC is so
evil and money-hungry,  as some seem to prefer to think, how can they make
money destroying their  customers?  Makes no sense to me.

Paula, 89 days and  counting

Home of Best in Show, Best in Specialty Show, Multi-Group  Winning, GSDCA
Dual Title Award Recipient, AKC JAM/AOE, International and  American
Champion, Grand Champion Asgard Harley Davidson v Plamark, HT, PT,  CGC, TC,
HIC,
OFA CHIC #64047 (Hips, Elbows, Cardiac, & Thyroid), DNA  tested clear of the
long-coat factor.  #1 Male German Shepherd Dog in the  Country, #5 German
Shepherd Dog in the Country, as of 5/31/10 (Canine  Chronicles)    First male
German Shepherd Dog Grand  Champion.

From: Stormy  Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
Subject: AKC AB vs Specialties, fees and  other.....
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 10:22:47 -0700

I had an  interesting off-list exchange of information and I thought it
might be an  interesting topic on-list.

I was not aware of the large difference in  what AKC received in fees
from All Breed clubs and specialties.  Nor  was I aware of the
difference in what AKC charged specialties daily to hold  specialty
shows.  I tried to find logic in this discrepancy and the  only thing I
could think of was that AKC gets more of that $3.50 per entry  fee from
the AB shows, and are trying to make up the difference by  charging
more for the Specialty Clubs.  Another possible thought  (probably way
off base and uncharitable, but then....) is that AKC is  pushing the
specialty clubs to join with AB clubs in some fashion.   Since many of
you know the inner workings of this much more than I, please  join in.

Storm

All Breed Club  Membership fee  $25
Specialty Club Membership fee $80

All Breed Clubs  Conformation Show One free, 2nd $30
Specialty Club Conformation Show $100  each show

All Breed Clubs Obedience Trial One free, 2nd  $30
Specialty Clubs Obedience Trial (I'm not sure.. I think $100  for
each Trial)
Specialty Club Rally Trial $100 each  trial

Tracking Events.  AKC puts entry limits on the tracking  events that
makes them unprofitable for event giving  clubs.

Free  Credit Score
A bad credit score is below 598. Click here to see yours for  $0. Checking
won't affect your score. By  Experian&#174
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/4c3e50a3d44b12db639st02duc
POST  is Copyrighted 2010.  All material remains the property of the

For assistance,  please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org